Glazed Chinese Chicken
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Chinese five spice powder
- 5 Morton & Bassett garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
Remove as much fat as possible from chicken thighs. Place flour on a plate and roll chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Mix chicken broth, vinegar, five-spice powder, garlic, soy sauce and water together in a small bowl.
Heat oil in a wok or skillet over high heat until smoking. Brown chicken on all sides, about 2 minutes. Add sauce and lower heat to medium.
Simmer 25 minutes, turning chicken a few times. Liquid should be just at the bubbling stage. The sauce will boil down to a glaze. Cut into pieces and serve over rice.