Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- 2 tablespoons Morton & Bassett chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Morton & Bassett cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Morton & Bassett ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Morton & Bassett sage
- 3/4 teaspoon Morton & Bassett ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon Morton & Bassett ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper or 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped finely
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 5 lbs skinless chicken pieces (on the bone)
In a large casserole with a lid, combine all ingredients except chicken.
Add chicken, stirring to coat well.
Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour up to 24 hours.
Bake@ 350 for one hour OR drain and barbecue.
Serve with steamed white rice.
See More Recipes on Our Facebook Page