Enjoy a lightened version of this classic pasta recipe by using light cream cheese, low-fat milk and a decreased amount of butter.
Same rich creaminess with a lot less fat.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups hot cooked fettuccine (8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 2 teaspoons chopped Morton & Bassett fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Cracked Morton & Bassett black pepper
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
Stir in flour. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk. Cook 6 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Add 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, cream cheese, and salt, stirring with a whisk until cheeses melt.
Toss sauce with hot pasta. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and chopped parsley.
Garnish with black pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
See More Recipes on Our Facebook Page