- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced small bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett chopped garlic
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley salt
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett cayenne pepper
- 1 Morton & Bassett bay leaf
If you care for your rice dish a bit moister, add 1/4 cup more liquid at start.
In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add onion and bell pepper and saute until limp.
Add liquid to pan, along with the garlic, parsley, rice, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Cook on high until just boiling; stir. Raise heat to high and bring to a boil, while stirring occasionally.
Carefully pour into a large baking dish.
Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for about 20 minutes until done. Stir once while in oven.
See More Recipes on Our Facebook Page