About Morton & Bassett
Make Exceptional Meals with Exceptional Ingredients
Morton Gothelf, the founder of Morton & Bassett Spices, has always been a great cook and loves to entertain friends. He was passionate about finding just the right ingredients to create the perfect combination of flavors. In searching for superior ingredients, he found that the best quality spices were difficult to obtain in a typical grocery or gourmet store. Morton began to find sources for the best spices and then started Morton & Bassett Spices in 1986, hoping to fill this niche. The combination of great ingredients, good value and clear bottles that showcased the product was a hit. Since 1986 the business has grown quickly thanks to the growing numbers of loyal Morton & Bassett customers. Once a good cook tries Morton & Bassett they inevitably become loyal fans. Today there are over 100 world class spices in the product line and more flavors are in the works.
We were Organic Before Organic was Organic
- Our top priority has always been food safety
- Morton & Bassett purchases only lot specific products that are laboratory tested to ensure product cleanliness and safety for our customers
- We maintain close relationships with our farmers and harvest teams to ensure the best quality
- Our extracts are purchased in smaller artisinal lots for the finest quality and taste
We’re Certified for Quality and Safety
- We have an SQF Quality Code audit rating of “Excellent”
- All our products are Non-GMO verified
- All our products are certified Gluten Free
- All our products are certified Kosher
We’re Greener than our Bay Leaves
Our facility is part of a “One Planet Community”, a global network of the Earth’s Greenest Neighborhoods, where the goal is to have an affordable, healthy and happy lifestyle, while at the same time living within a fair share of our planet’s resources.
- Our facilities have the highest level of green certification: “LEED Platinum”
- Our factory is 100% solar powered
We Support our Community
We are a big part of several community endeavors including “Becoming Independent”, “The Children‘s Charity”, and the “Early Learning Institute”. We help by giving charitable donations monetarily, and also by employing those with developmental disabilities, supporting families and children with special needs.
Roots of Peace
Morton & Bassett has partnered with “Roots of Peace” in its mission to work in war-torn lands around the world to remove the remnants of war and restore the land, in order to rebuild peaceful communities for generations to come.
Watch our video to see how we support Roots of Peace